October 2021 – Every week pastors serve their congregations, giving their time and energy to uphold the gospel and encourage their flocks in the Word of God. However, many pastors struggle to make
ends meet and often hesitate to express other needs.
This Pastor Appreciation month, the Bless Your Pastor initiative has put together a list of over 50 ways you can bless your pastor. You can join the movement by downloading the full list at blessyour
pastor.org. Then take up an offering for your pastor and encourage your church to show appreciation through a meal or special event honoring the shepherd of your flock.
Below are a handful of the many creative methods from “Over 50 Creative Ways to Bless Your Pastor” list:
Faithfully Pray For:
• Intimacy with God
• Marital love and unity
• Spiritual protection
• Divine guidance
• Personal encouragement
• Quality study and prayer times
Food, Fellowship, and Fun:
• Give your pastor food from your garden, orchard, and hunting or fishing trips.
• Invite your pastor and family to your home or a restaurant for a meal.
• Share frequent flyer miles that can be used for conferences, vacation, mission trips, or holiday travel.
• Offer your pastor the use of your dependable vehicle, SUV, or minivan for a holiday family trip or vacation.
• Auto maintenance and repair
• Decorating, painting, and wallpapering
• Medical, dental, and chiropractic care
• Lawn and garden upkeep
• Legal, estate, and financial services
• Bless Your Pastor offering
• Marriage conference or retreat costs
• Children’s college tuition
• Mission trips
• Lessons or tutoring
• Family or couple’s vacation or getaway
• Pastor’s conference, seminar, or training
• Seminary courses or sabbatical
• Student loan debt
• Retirement savings
• Medical expenses